Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A week in Utah

We went to Utah for my mom’s 50th birthday party. We had been planning it for quite a while so I was really relieved that we actually pulled it off and she was even surprised! It was lots of fun to have all of our family and all of their friends together to celebrate her.
We had a very interesting night on Friday night. We got to Scott and Brittney’s house in Castle Dale on Friday. We had planned to stay there because my mom didn’t think we were coming until the next day. This way we could get all the final things done for the party. Once we got there the kids were so excited to get out of the car. So they just started playing and I started helping Brittney with stuff. When we finally all went to bed at about 1:30 I couldn't sleep. Kasey was snoring so loud it was terrible. So he said he would go out and sleep on the couch by the kids so I could get a few hours of sleep since I hadn’t been sleeping well. (He’s the best I know!)
So then I instantly fall asleep as soon as he leaves and then I hear him run into the bathroom. Jayli is throwing up. Every time we go to Utah she throws up the first night. So we got that all cleaned up just in time for her to do it again. Got her cleaned up again and then she was out for the rest of the night…or morning by now. Once she wakes up that morning she is totally fine. She must just get car sick or something. Who knows! So we all get ready and rush over to Ferron to get set up for the party. I didn’t have my camera so I will get some pictures from Brittney and then add them later.

This was Saturday afternoon, then there was a huge rain storm that evening. The thunder was so loud and lightening was so close, my kids were a little freaked (ok Kasey was too!). Then after a few minutes it was all over with and the kids got to float boats down the gutter. Grandpa made them some pretty cool boats one handed. (Yeah he about cut his thumb and finger off, I’ll post about that in a minute!)

Since it was a holiday weekend Kasey had Monday off work. He came home Monday afternoon and then worked for the week while me and the kiddos stayed and played! Someone has to work right?

The kids had a great time. I kept telling Kason "this is what it’s like to play outside during the day!" He loved that he could just go out whenever he wanted. We went on 4wheeler rides every day. He is getting really good on it. We went out to the track that Scotty made when he was in I think Jr. High. Kason LOVED it. He couldn’t get enough.

Doesnt he look big
He loved all the hills
standing up
He did have one little time where he went up a hill and then it wasn’t trail on the other side so he went into a little ditch, did a face plant into a bush, and jumped right back on. He cracks me up. When we are on the normal road he rides sitting down, but then as soon as he hits the dirt he stands up.
Jayli loves to go for rides in the Rhino. But the poor thing the second we start she falls asleep. She can’t help it. So the whole time we were there, she had a nap everyday!! We’re gonna have to get a rhino I guess.

Jayli got out the little power wheels 4wheeler for the first time. She did really well. She was so funny, she would insist on wearing her bike helmet cause it’s purple. After she would be riding for a few minutes she would get so sleepy that she had to get off. Silly girl.

Kason helping her get started.
Making sure its all working properly!
Kason chasing her down the street.
So much fun!!
Such a big girl.

One of the days we went into Price and while we were at Wal-Mart I told the kids they could pick a treat. What do they pick…..black licorice. SICK! For Kasons toy he picked a cop kit, doesn’t he look cute! Licorice face and all! Jayli’s toy she picked was a baby bottle where it looks like the baby is really drinking the juice. She’s such a girl!



Kasey came back up the next Friday to get us. The kids were so excited when they saw him walk up to the door. Jayli was yelling “my daddy is here, my daddy is here!” He quite liked that.
Saturday was peach days and we got up nice and early to head to the parade. I can’t believe the amount of candy that the kids got. A grocery bag full. It was even lots of good stuff. Then we went to family fun day which was pretty lame. They only had a few jumpers which the kids loved. After that we had some lunch and put Jayli down for a nap (thanks to the rhino once again!) Once she woke up we headed to the fair grounds to catch the last of the horse races before the demolition derby started. Little did we know that this year was nothing like any in the past and the horse races were over before it was dark. So we got there just as they were bringing in the derby cars….ALL 7 OF THEM….LAME!!!!!! The whole thing lasted about an hour. One did roll, so that was at least something. Then we just hung around chit chatting with some old friends until late. That part was fun! The not so fun part was my bbq pork sandwich that leaked all over the crotch of my tan pants. Oh well!
As we were walking into the fair grounds we realized that Jayli and Scott matched! Dont they look cute.

So yeah…we had a great week. It was so nice to get away and just relax. We spent lots of time outside watching the fish in the pond, riding 4wheelers, drinking slurpees, eating penny candy, watching lots of Disney movies, and just playing!

I thought the kids would be ready to go home, until the next day Kason said…”mom I saw my friends now we can go back to Grandma’s house!”

So if you have made it all the way through this, you deserve an award!Ok now is just a few more pictures....
Jayli putting on her makeup for the day!


Kason being sweet to mommy outside relaxing

Kason and Grandma.

Jayli would not go to bed until I took a picture of her!

Jayli and Scotty hiding

Kason, Brittney, Scotty, and Jayli watching a movie before bed



Thanks for the fun week everyone!

4 comments:

Lamb Family said...

It sounds like you had an action packed week! Sorry we missed the party but you know how we are about BYU footbal, it rules our lives!

Joey Clements said...

That sounds like such a fun week Steph! I think it's funny that Jayli falls asleep as soon as she rides the Rhino lol. Silly girl!

D'On Marx said...

What great memories for your kids. We can get Kayden to fall asleep on the fourwheeler and waverunner. I LOVE it. Riding is a little more difficult, though. What a blast you had!!

April said...

what a cute belly you have in the one picture!! I did not even realize you were that far along already! so are you sticking with not finding out what you're having? I couldn't bear the suspense!! Hope you're feeling well!