Tuesday, October 2, 2007

NEW YORK BABY!!!

Yesterday marked a whole week since we’ve been home from vacation. I can’t believe it’s already over. We had a great time. Me, Mom, Allison, Marilyn, and Tammy all went to New York for a girl’s trip. It was so much fun. We took the red eye flight so we would have an extra day there. Sooo after that we were all pretty tired the first day. We went on a city tour and since we all kept falling asleep (sitting in the front of the bus with the tour guide starting at you, isn’t the funnest) we decided to get off the bus. We went to Central Park and found a nice grassy shady spot and all took a little snooze. We all woke up feeling much better and then the rest of the trip the time change wasn’t too big of a deal, well to me anyway. We went to 2 shows…we saw Legally Blonde and Hairspray. I loved loved loved Legally Blonde, but Hairspray was really good too. We went on 2 city tours during the day, 1 at night and then on a boat out to see the statue of liberty. It was really cool. We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge..Ok only half of it before it started to rain and I had a tragedy with my shoes!!! This was my first experience with the subway. I loved it. I think it is the only way to travel in a big city. I was a little bit disappointed that I didn’t see a big huge fat rat, or some sort of entertainment. Must have been a slow week! We did lots more stuff that at the moment I can’t remember, so now I’ll just show some pictures


The morning we got there in Times Square



Me with the Big Bad Bull!!!


The fire station right across from ground zero

Me with Chuck in the back ground at the Today Show.
I didnt get on TV..boo.. but we saw Tammy!!


The cutest little old church in the back.

The Brooklyn Bridge...So cool

A real NYPD officer! They were so nice

The Statue of Liberty in all her glory

Samuel L. Jackson

Waiting for some street performers to start their show.
Ok now I think I am all up to date with everything going on here. Until next time.....

2 comments:

Allison said...

Fun pictures! We need to exchange pictures! I am so sad that the trip is all over and done with. It was so fun to spend a week with you! I will send you my pics this week I promise!

Michelle said...

Hey! I was excited to hear from you! Your trip sounds so fun! I guess our boys are about the same age, huh? Cole turned 4 last month. Fun (hard) age. Keep in touch!