Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a deal!

So I always look at the grocery ads when they come in the mail but I never expected to get these kind of deals. While I was looking at Albertsons I saw on the front page they were having a huge sale. The price was 10 for $25.00 but once you bought 10 you saved an instant $15.00 so everything was $1.00 each. I could tell from the pictures that I definitely wanted to go but I didn't realize how much fun it would be once I got there. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to take the kiddos with me and then once Kasey would get home I would forget about going. My sister in law told me about a website www.couponsurfer.com where you can get tons of coupons. I've never been into the coupon thing before, but I just may have to change my ways. A lot of the things that were on the ad also had coupons on the website. Just for example.....there was a coupon for GoGourt...save $1.10 on 2 packs. Each pack was on sale for $1.00 so when buying 2 I would pay $2.00 but then I had a coupon for $1.10 off. So lets just say we are very stocked up on GoGourt, Dora yogurt cups, Pillsbury crescent rolls, grands biscuits, ready to bake cookies, cinnamon toast crunch, Reese's puffs (the big $5.09 boxes), chex, fruit roll ups, gushers, fruit by the foot, granola bars, fiber one bars, fiber one cereal, microwave popcorn, and the new weight watchers progresso soups. I spent $42.00 and my receipt said I saved $179.00 ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-NINE DOLLARS!! Can you believe that. I was amazed. We had so much fun shopping. It was quite the sight I'm sure. My sister in law, mother in law, and me all with our own baskets flipping through our coupons. Now I just need to clean out my pantry so I can put everything away and get it off of my kitchen table. Anyone wanna come over for cookies and yogurt?!?!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Wow, awesome deals! I need to learn how to shop like that :D

Allison said...

I'll be there for the cookies...hold the yogurt ;)

nancy said...

I am obsessed with coupons and I want to come over!!!